Monday, September 19, 2011

How does forever sound? :)

This weekend has been....amazing. Truly amazing.

Briant proposed..and I said "YES YES YES" :D 

Forever sure is a long time, but with him by my side i'm so excited. 

Okay, i'm sure you're all dying to hear the story! well here it goes.. :)

I have never wanted a really complicated engagment, and I'm so happy Briant respected that.

Saturday night he took me to my favorite dinner Red Robin! As we were driving home he pulled into the Oquirrh Mountain Temple parking lot. 

Pause. 
This temple is so close to my heart and Briant's. I participated in the Temple Celebration, open house, dedication and have done baptisims there numerous times. 
Briant was a temple worker there for about six months. 
It's where he asked me to be his girlfriend on February 28, 2011
its where we both decided we wanted to marry each other. 
And a place where we have spent countless amount of hours just talking.
Un-pause:

My stomach started doing flips. I instantly started shaking. I just KNEW what was coming next. I was so nervous/excited/happy/scared/a million other emotions that just can't be described. 
We walked around the temple grounds hand in hand. I was in a complete daze. I was thinking the whole time just how much I love him and was so grateful to have him.

We sat down on a bench in front of the temple and just talked. about everything. I kid you not it was intense. We said all sorts of goosh that no one probably cares to hear.
Then the moment came.....he said "okay, um, well, okay, um, lets do this" got down on one knee, and asked me the most life altering question ever..."Karlee Brown,will you marry me?" I paused.. (hahah i just had to make him suffer a little!) and with so much joy I said "YES YES YES!!!" 

I then saw the most beautiful ring i have ever seen. I was so emotional. So excited. So happy. So much joy filled me so quickly. Never have I felt so much love and joy for one single soul. 

I know that he is the one for me. 

Forever & Ever, babe :)


February 28, 2012 will not come fast enough :)


5 comments:

  1. So cute!!!!! :) Love you Karlee!!! I AM PLANNING THE WEDDING!!!! YIPEEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  2. i KNEW this would be your next post. in fact, when going through my blogroll, i would sometimes wonder when you'd be posting next and I'M TELLING YOU, i knew this would be your next post.

    i'm so happy for you and that ring is something spectacular.
    yay! feb. 12 is soooo soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaay! Karlee, I am so excited for you and Briant! You are going to be one beautiful bride and I cannot wait for your wedding day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cute you're getting married on your one-year dating anniversary!! So happy for you, girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there!
    I just found your blog, and I love it!
    I followed you :)
    Check out my blog, It’s a Love Story and follow me! Please :)

    ReplyDelete