Monday, November 1, 2010

Doing what is best for ME.

This is something that I have always seemed to struggle with. I'm such a people pleaser. I love to make people happy especially those who are close to me. I have been contemplating lately some huge things in my life and i just couldn't seem to find the answer to my problems. Sunday night I was talking with Katie, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I have to do what is going to make me happy. Not my parents, sister, friends, family, roommates, teachers, JUST ME.
Like for example: I have made the decision that I will be attending SLCC next semester for school. I have realized that I am not happy here in Ephraim, and there is no reason to stay here if I'm not happy. I think I have known that i wanted to do this for a few weeks now, but i was scared to say it out loud because i was scared that people would think less of me, like i gave up or couldn't do it, but then Sunday night I realized that I can't waste my time caring about "people" and worry about myself.
I am very proud of myself. I have learned so much about myself in my short time in Ephraim. I have learned what situations I can handle and what I can't. I wish that I would have been more self disciplined and tried harder in my classes, but overall I am proud. I have learned one life thing and that is to live for me, and no one else.

No comments:

Post a Comment