Sunday, February 13, 2011

Our deepest apology...

As most of you know I applied to work at Oakcrest girls camp this summer as a camp counselor, and there has honestly never been something I have wanted more in my life than to work there this summer. I wanted to change lives, i wanted to teach the gospel and most of all I wanted girls to have the same experiences I had at Oakcrest.
But, obviously Heavenly Father has a different plan for me this summer. I received a letter in the mail from the Oakcrest committee today saying that they received many applications and encourage me to apply for next Summer. I just about died, or wanted to. I wanted this job so badly. All along I told myself that if I didn't get the job that it would be okay, because its all very inspired of who works there, but I never saw myself not working there this summer. The whole line of "if you're supposed to be there, you'd be there" wasn't helping at this moment.
After thinking about it though I have so much comfort in the fact that Heavenly Father knows whats best for me, and he has great things in store for me this Summer. I just know it. I'm very excited to see what I accomplish. In some strange way this has made my love for Heavenly Father grow even stronger. He truly knows me, and loves me. Even though I didn't get what I wanted, I know that great things are in store for me :)

2 comments:

  1. Karlee :) I just love you and your blog posts! You're just so awesome and spiritual, and uplifting!! But don't worry, I've been in that boat PLENTY of times. I can't tell you how much I've cried over not making the things I've tried out for, but again, like you said, Heavenly Father needs us somewhere else, or to be an example without any responsibility getting in the way.

    Keep your head up! It's almost March ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe karlee thats good that you can turn what may appear to be a negative situation into a positive one. you're such an amazing girl.

    love ya, we need to stay in touch.

    -cec

    ps PAPER RIPPER

    ReplyDelete