Thursday, May 19, 2011

Weddings :)

Tonight I went to my friends Kandace and Trevor's wedding reception! It was so beautiful and I'm so happy for them! Kandace faithfully waited for Trevor while he served a mission in Texas! I loved talking to her about him while he was gone. She always stayed so positive, I know that they are perfect for each other!  

I have attended so many receptions this year, its insane. It always gets me so excited for my wedding one day...however soon or far away that is. I love looking at the happy couple and thinking that will be me one day! Married for Time and all Eternity to my dear sweetheart :) :) Now, I'm in no huge rush to run off and get married, but I also can't wait for that beautiful day! I want it to be in the Summer, but at the same time I don't really care! I KNOW that I will be married in the temple. The Oquirrh Mountain actually. I have always loved that temple and I consider it mine :) Anyway, being a girl I know a lot of things I want/don't want at my wedding. Like my colors will be: Hot pink, turquoise and bright yellow! Pink lemonade and regular lemonade would be my drinks of choice to be served, and I really want otter pops and other popsicles to be the refreshments :) Somehow I want to make zebra print a part of my wedding, but still have it classy.
I don't want to wear a veil, and nothing can convince me to wear one, I just don't really like them.
My hair will be either all curls or to the side with a pretty braid :) Oh and my dress will be super super poofy!
I also think that it's VERY important to have my husband's opinions on a lot of things. Because its his day after all too.
I don't want a huge fancy honeymoon right off, I think I weekend trip to Vegas will be good :) I'm serious. Then maybe a bigger trip later on :)

Getting married is such an important thing. Its something I have always dreamt about and imagined what it would be like. Now, as I'm getting older I realize its a lot more than a pretty dress, bright colors, flowers and yummy food. Its a commitment to one person for all eternity. My wedding day will be one of the most important days of my life, but I will try not to get too lost all the "worldly" stuff and remember what it is truly about :)

1 comment:

  1. you're crazy! we're going to italy for our honeymoon and i think about it every single day. hahah :P

    ReplyDelete