Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Not a happy Sunday.

Can I just say that I do not see how some people have the nerve to steal from other people. Interested in hearing more? Well here is how I spent my Sunday night.

The weather was so warm and beautiful. Briant and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a walk around Daybreak Lake. (one of my favorite summer hang out spots...or at least until now it was) We got there a little before 9pm parked the car, and walked around for about in hour. As we approached his car we see glass next to the driver's side window. Instantly I burst out in tears. I knew what had hap pend. Someone had broken into his car and stole my purse. I knew it. I didn't even have to look inside. It was all I could do to stay standing. I started crying and feeling completely overwhelmed by the situation. Who would do that to a complete innocent stranger? Everything I needed was in my purse. My wallet with my debit card, pictures, pay stubs and numerous other things that I needed. Also my camera and Itouch. Two things that hold a lot of value to me. I love taking pictures of everything. Actually, it was very weird to me that I didn't take my camera with my to take pictures of our walk...I wish I would have now. My Itouch meant so much to me, my sister helped me get it because I wanted it so badly. :( Just writing this makes me cry. Not because of the stuff that was stolen, but the memories, ALL my pictures are gone...forever. There is nothing I can do to have those back.
I cancelled all my debit cards and changed my account numbers today. I have to go into the dmv and get a new license, this is something I would never wish on anyone. I'm scared all the time that my house is unsafe, that my family and loved ones are in danger. I know that seems silly because it's just a purse, but really everything that tells about me is in there.
I know that it was stupid of my to leave my purse in the car. I definitely felt like I should carry it with me, but i thought I was being ridiculous because I always leave it in the car tucked under the seat. This has shown me to listen to the Spirit more. I know that if i would have we would be safe and I would not have these feelings.
Bri and I went and got a new window put on his car today. $200.00 later and he now has a brand new window :/ jeez i feel so awful.
Playing the "what if" game is the worst part about this. What if I would have taken my purse? What if they come to my house? What if they would have hurt Briant or myself? So many things that will probably haunt me for a long time :(

1 comment:

  1. Karlee pal :( I'm so sorry!! :( Don't get me a new lotion okay!? And let me know if you need help or anything, such as, shopping for a new purse ;) Haha just kidding. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete