Sunday, October 3, 2010

Conference weekend.

This weekend I made the decision to come home so that I could watch conference at home with my family. I also was in desperate need of a break from Snow. I am very glad that I came home this weekend. Whenever I am gone from my family for long periods of time and come home I always feel so grateful for my mom. She does so much for me that I never realized until I left home. I love not worrying about whats for dinner. Something so simple that i never fully appreciated. I LOVE my mamma's home cooked meals. They are so good! She cooked some Delicious chili for my ward's chili cook-off Friday night, and some very very good ravioli things for dinner Saturday night. I appreciate my mom so much! I love that she does my laundry for me when I come home, its also an extra reason to come home!

I also come home to see Katie. I always get so excited on Fridays when I'm coming home to see her. Sometimes I consider going straight to her house just so I can get my best friend hug from her. I know i have not wrote much about her, but she really is the most amazing friend i could have ever asked for. She is so understanding, caring, and just down right amazing. This weekend we just hung out and did a lot of pointless random things, but I'm so glad that I was here to be with her!

On Friday night I went to nightmare on 13Th with some girls that are in my ward. I was extremely scared to go, just the name itself is enough to scare me away, but i faced my fear and decided that i just need to see what all the hype was about. Well, after about an hour into it we were finished, and i walked away very happy that I went. It was scary, but nothing too horrible. I have been more scared walking in my basement alone, at night in the dark before. I am glad I went though, the girls i went with are always great to be around!

Saturday night Katie, Curtis and me sat on Curtis' driveway and just talked, of course Curtis was insulting us like he always does, but something was just different this time. I could tell that we were all older and more mature. I know this sounds ridiculous but it just all seems so different. I was thinking back to the days when we were 12 and sitting in the same spot, discussing simple everyday things no we were talking about big, huge life changing decisions. I am so glad that I have these 2 amazing people in my life for so long. Curtis and I decided that we should name a star as our "best friend star" so when he is on his mission and I am on mine we can look up at it and know that we are still best friends. (cheesy right?) well this was complicated because we couldn't see many stars here in the w. j. so Curtis got this way cool AP on his phone that shows all the stars if you point it in the sky. We ended up deciding that Mercury was going to be our planet, instead of star. He is so funny..sometimes:)

Anyways, this weekend has been just what I needed. Conference has been great and super uplifting. I can't wait to hear two more sessions tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment